Kidd Ethiopia Adoption





Click HERE to watch us getting Endale at the orphanage



Click HERE to watch us getting Gabrielle at the orphanage


Sunday, March 9, 2008

Families Coming Home!



So sorry, I have been trying all day to upload the pictures and blogger is not working. I will get them up as soon as possible. Here is the recap:

The Ethiopian flight was 2 hours delayed......so first through the doors was the Harpolds......RUNNING!!! I heard Mel yell "Andrea I am so sorry", as she was in tears. They were not going to make their flight home. I caught up with her and we ran along side one another while we hugged and I kissed Myli's head (in the blurr of running she was soooooo cute). It is funny now, but at the time I felt so bad for them.. I am sure after a LONG week, a LONG flight, you just want to get home and to think of sitting in the airport for another couple of hours would be enough for anyone. They had an amazing week and I am sure they are SO happy to be home now.

Next to come were the Treadwell's, again running by. They were running so fast and also looked not too happy, that I did not even call out to them. Obviously they needed to rush and did not need me slowing them down.

Next was Erica, she came calmly walking out of the doors. She must have a long layover I thought. We hugged and got a tad misty. She was doing great! Abel was absolutely gorgeous. As I leaned over to tickle his face and make baby talk, he smiled from behind his pacifier. He is a doll for sure. Erica was doing really well. I think she knew she was close to being home and realized she had a really rough week. She said Abel was feeling better and actually had a great flight. This was such good news after reading her not-so-great, but honest blog posts. Rest assured YG friends, she is doing great, and Abel is doing great too.

Next was the Wegners, they also had more time. Their children are beautiful and looked so happy and in amazement. They just smiled and looked around. It was one of their son's birthday's today. What a birthday present to come home and join his forever family! Wonderful to meet you in person Wegners!

It was such an honor and blessing to see and visit briefly with these families who I have gotten to know with our agency. I look forward to hearing of their final homecomings and their adjustments. God is so good and is doing amazing things.......some of which I saw today!

11 comments:

Rob and Candy said...

I cannot wait for pictures and stories! I need an update on Erica. I have been checking your blog quite a bit today.
candy

Apryl said...

Blogger wouldn't let me post pictures earlier today--I'm thinking the same happened to you? Hoping that you had a great MeET and greET with everyone :)
apryl

Susan said...

I had trouble posting photos also, but after 10,000 tries ;-) I was able to add them one at a time.

Looking forward to the news!

~Susan

the Steiger's said...

Thank you so much for all the updates. It must be great seeing families coming home with their little once.
lenka

kristin said...

That is so sweet that you do this! you get first dibs on all the babies! I hope you can post pictures soon!

jill coen said...

Andrea, what a gift to get off of that plane and have a friend to run beside you! You're awesome! Thanks for the report.

Susan said...

Cool! So glad to see you caught some of them! I'm happy to hear that Erica made it home in one piece too! Thanks for the assurance that she is OK!

~Susan

Rebecca Caldwell said...

I love your meet and greet reports! How fun!

E said...

Andrea,

It was such a blessing to see you at Dulles. I'm sorry we didn't get to meet up again. Even with our flight delayed a little, we surprisingly didn't have long before we boarded - I waited forever at ticketing & they forget to give me Abel's ticket...which I had to go back & get sorted. :( Anyway, it was a delight to see you and I can't wait to meet you again sometime when we can sit down & just chat! Your prayers & emails were such a tremendous boost! And, I had such a hard time holding it together (you were such a nice piece of comfort & home to see after a tough journey & a long (but pretty good) flight!

Thanks so much for everything, sister!

Love ya,
E

Danielle said...

I have goosebumps! I hope I get to meet you in the airport someday..although I have my doubts :) So, I can't wait to post the pics (I can't find my attachment to get them downloaded), just know that THE Stephen Curtis Chapman himself really likes your shirt :) I took my picture with him wearing the shirt after volunteering for show hope this Sunday night. He is so great! Anyway, thinking of you (really? NINE children moved?!?) this week like crazy. Love, Danielle (p.s. I actually thought this morning as I was home with my 2 and 4 year old: "Man, I wish I could see Andrea. I'll bet our kids would have fun together!")

Unknown said...

Andrea, this is your ministry, girl! Even those of us who only got to wave and keep running SOOOO appreciate your kindness to be standing at the gate as our very first cheerleaders! It really meant the world to me, and we've told tons of people about our special friend who blessed us at Dulles. Now, who's gonna be there when you walk thru that gate???? :)