Kidd Ethiopia Adoption





Click HERE to watch us getting Endale at the orphanage



Click HERE to watch us getting Gabrielle at the orphanage


Monday, February 18, 2008

A Blanket for Gabrielle




There is a group of families traveling to Ethiopia the first week of March with our agency. We are so excited for these families, they have become such great friends of ours throughout this journey so far. Since we are so close to a referral, I bought a photo album and blankie (thanks Kari) to send over. I could have a referral before they go, but I am thinking either while they are there, or the following week. Regardless, I think I could have some of my friends take some things just in case our Gabrielle is in the Transitional Home by then. So, I went to the store and bought the softest, cutest blanket. I brought it home and told my kids to love on it because it was going to their sister. They have been taking turns sleeping with it, and it gets carried around most of the day! The cutest thing to watch! My kids are so excited to have their little sister here with them and keep telling me they will wrap her up in her blankie and get LOTS of love and cuddles from them. :)

3 comments:

Rebecca Caldwell said...

How wonderful!! And to think....just a few more weeks and you will have a referral! We are so excited for you guys!

Kari said...

OK....your daughter looks just like you :) I LOVE the photos of your darling kiddos snuggling the blankie.
I've been making Rog sleep with one now :) LOL I'm sure we both look a little silly sleeping with blankies again, but its all for Zoie! I PRAY that you get Gigi's referral this week...it will be a miracle from above!
love you lots & lots!!
Kari

Apryl said...

I did the same thing with the blanket we sent for Johannes. Everett didn't just carry it around, unfortunately, he rubbed it all over his body, sat on it while he read. I caught his scrubbing the blanket on his head. My mom said they will get the blanket in Ethiopia and ask who sent their baby a nasty, greasy blanket :) For that reason, I had to wash it again before sending it to Mel!

can't wait for you guys to get your referral!
apryl